Tuesday 19 April 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk 44: Natsuyaki Miyabi x Okai Chisato

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Natsuyaki Miyabi X Okai Chisato

xXxXx

Firstly, what led to Chisato-chan becoming a fan of Miyabi-chan?

Okai: I'm actually not the kind of person who'll easily say that someone's cute. I'll say it if I feel that something is cute, but it's not like I get seriously enamoured. But I just happened to go to a Buono! concert, and though (Suzuki) Airi was my reason for going there at first.....

Natsuyaki: At first, huh (laughs)?

Okai: Before I knew it, I noticed that my eyes were only on Miyabi-chan, I realised that, could it be, I liked Miyabi-chan (laughs)!? I think It was Buono!'s second concert tour (Buono! Live Tour 2010 ~We are Buono!~'). Miyabi-chan had extensions on, her hair was long, and she was wearing a pink and black dress. I completely fell for her. At first, I was using glowsticks that were green (Airi-chan's member colour), but I changed to red ones (Miyabi-chan's member colour) midway through (laughs). Miyabi-chan's hairstyle and air changes every time I see her. I look forward to it, and she gives me inspiration every time. I admire her.

Natsuyaki: Is that so (laughs).

Do you remember the impressions you had of one another at the 'Hello! Project Kids Audition'?

Okai: At the auditions, my Papa said that Miyabi-chan was cute! Like 'Oh my, there's such a cutie here, you're gonna fail!!' (laughs). But I was on the borderline of passing and not passing, so just going with the flow, I became friends with Maasa-chan and Mai-chan who lived near me. Actually, I've only recently started talking with Miyabi-chan. There was the age gap, and I was just sticking behind Momo-chan.

Natsuyaki: That's right, it doesn't feel like we really talked. Early on, Chisato and Mai were both like babies, and I thought that they were cute when I looked at them. My impression of Chisato at the auditions was that you were boyish, with your short hair.

Okai: But our mothers were friends.

Natsuyaki: Yup. They'd go for meals together, or karaoke.

Okai: Our mothers went to the same senior high. They were senpai and kouhai.

That's quite the coincidence!

Natsuyaki: Quite (laughs).

Okai: However, I was very much a child within an already childish group (laughs), so I looked on Miyabi-chan and the rest as oneechans. As for Berryz Kobo, I used to chat a lot with (Sugaya) Risako-chan, from way back. Because of that, since (Shimizu) Saki-chan and Miyabi-chan were there as well, that's when I started talking a lot with Miyabi-chan.

Natsuyaki: We also started exchanging messages.

So the cupids that connected the 2 of you were Saki-chan and Risako-chan (laughs). Miyabi-chan, did you know that Chisato-chan liked you that much?

Natsuyaki: The fans told me about it. They'd report things to me, like 'Chissa keeps on saying that she likes you' (laughs). [...] I heard all sorts of things from the fans, and I was like 'Is that so!' (laughs)

Okai: I did a question corner on my blog, and about half the questions I got were concerning Miyabi-chan (laughs). What's more, ever since I said that I like Miyabi-chan, my fans have gradually become fans of Miyabi-chan, which puts me in a situation. At my events, there are fans that'll intentionally use Miyabi-chan's uchiwas, or wear her T-shirts. And at MCs, they'll yell out 'We know how you feel! Let's cheer her on together!!'. Recently, the staff-san have been sending me pictures on Miyabi-chan (laughs).

Natsuyaki: Even at handshake events, I get told 'Don't snatch away Chisato!' I press them, asking 'Do you really like Chisato!?' (laughs). There are people who'll give a serious reply, 'I'll be marrying Chisato! So I don't want her to be stolen away by Miyabi-chan!!'. And that brings out my competitiveness, and I'll fire back by telling them that I'm serious as well! A little battle unfolds between me and the fan (laughs).


xXxXx

Natsuyaki: I'm glad to be told that I'm cute, but since I'm not cute character-wise, it makes me embarrassed to be told that (laughs). 


xXxXx

Chisato-chan, from your point of view, please tell us frankly what you find attractive about Miyabi-chan.

Okai: She has all these contrasting traits to her. She looks cool, but she actually talks a lot. Just looking at her makes me feel happy. 


xXxXx

Well then, 10 years in the future, how do you think your relationship will be like?

Okai: We'll be married with children, and we'd meet up to have meals together (laughs). However, I think that Miyabi-chan's children will be the cutest (laughs).

Natsuyaki: I'd like to meet up for meals. I think that there are aspects in which Chisato and I are similar. So it's fun to be together.


xXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment